Exploring, Discovering, Learning

I want to make the Past, both History and Prehistory, more exciting, relevant and 'hands-on'. It's a fun place with some great stories, I want to share these with everyone.I work with schools, museums, community groups, either at their place or outdoors in the Landscape.
I develop and deliver projects. I create resources. Exploring the Past and our shared heritage, bridging the divide and Discovering the links between these artefacts, sites or museum and Us. I try to put objects back in context, helping people Learn about the past. I use objects, both orginal and replica, costume, crafts and role play, in other words - Living History.

I'm a member of a small group of like-minded people - The Deja Crew


ps - I personally do not collect any data from this blog. However I know Google does, particularly through Google Analytics - please contact them if you want to know more.

Tuesday 31 March 2015

...a Tale of the Frontier.



Tales of the Frontier logo

Tales of the Frontier is a research project by Durham University. Hadrian's Wall and the Frontiers of the Roman Empire World Heritage Site make up a huge linear monument moving through many different landscapes and communities as it crosses the region from coast to coast.
The aim is to discover how people view the momument today (and compare this to past ideas), to explore how it has influenced the communities and landscapes it passes through and to understand how the Wall came to be the prominent World Heritage Site it is today.
The website reports the research so far -

Late last year Iwas invited to join the consultations developing a new set of leaflets.  Rather than creating 'yet another walk' along the wall, the Booklet and 8 leaflets hope to inspire people to engage rather than pass through, providing locations to 'stand and stare'.  They are available on-line through the Tales of the Frontier website - Wall Stories; leaflets and booklet

No comments:

Post a Comment